Quick Links

Frequently Asked Questions


Does the City of Vienna accept debit/credit cards for payment?

Yes, there is a 3% upcharge of the total amount due when using a debit/credit card to pay your bill at City Hall or by phone. Beginning August 1, 2019, there will be a 3% upcharge to pay with your debit/credit card using the online bill payment system.  These upcharges are charged by the card providers and does not come to the city.


Can I pay online?

Yes, you may pay your bill online by clicking on this link: PAY MY BILL ONLINE


How much is my bill?

If you do not know how much you owe, please contact City Hall. To look up your bill online at PAY MY BILL ONLINE, you will need your account number and zip code.


When do the bills go out?

All bills are mailed by the last working day of the month.


When is my bill due?

All bills are due upon receipt.  Bills not paid by the 20th of each month are subject to disconnection. A reconnect fee plus the entire bill must be paid before services are reconnected.  


Why didn't I receive my bill?

All bills are mailed by the last working day of the month. If your bill did not arrive in the mail, please notify City Hall immediately.


Why is my bill so high?

A high water/sewer bill may be the result of a leaking toilet, broken pipes, excessive water usage, or a misreading of the meter. Toilet leaks and broken pipes between the meter ant the home are the responsibility of the homeowner and/or tenant. If a meter misreading is suspected, please call City Hall and request that your meter be reread.


Can I have help/pay plan to pay my bill?

Yes, please contact the City Clerk at City Hall to discuss your bill and a payment plan (in case of an emergency only).


Does the City have a place I can drop off a payment after hours?

Yes, the City has a drop box for bill payments located in the drive thru at City Hall.



Are the meter readers reading my meter?

Yes, all meters are read monthly.


Why didn't the City send me a cut-off notice?

Cut-off notices can be found on the back of each bill.


What is the pick-up schedule for limbs/debris in the City?

The pick-up of limbs/yard debris and large furniture/appliance items may be accomplished by calling City Hall at 229-268-4744.  A work request will be generated and pickup scheduled.  There is a charge for this service depending on the amount picked up.


Can someone from the City light my pilot light?

Yes, someone from the Public Works Department can light your pilot light if you are on city gas lines.


Can the City come on my property and clean my sewer?

No, the City will only clean the sewer to the City's cut-off line.


Why do I have to bring my rental agreement, driver's license, power bill, and social security card to set-up city services?

The City is required to verify the identity of all individuals requesting City Services. These items provide the City with the best information for verification purposes.



What time do the City offices close?

City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.


How do I contact City Hall?

By phone:  (229) 268-4744

By fax:      (229) 268-6172



How do I get on the Agenda to speak at a City Council Meeting?

Please complete the "Request to Speak" form and submit to the City Clerk or City Administrator no later than two weeks before the date of the council meeting you are requesting to be included on the Agenda.  Click here to print the "Request to Speak" form.